Tuesday, September 30, 2014
you were made to be great
Six months from tomorrow I will turn 32. I thought I'd be further along in life by now. Alas, worrying and contemplating the lack of forward motion in the past will only prolong my (or anyone's) sedentary state.
Rather than pining for years that are gone, never more to come, I must choose to push forward and make life happen from here. Secondly, I must do it. Action is require. Courage is needed. It's not enough to declare things will change. If I want it done, I have to do it. I must muster every bit of courage and will power and make the future happen.
Here's the thing, I'm called to be great. You are called to be great too. I cannot convince you of your calling, but that does not negate your calling. You are called to be great. Greatness comes to people who choose to be great. Those people are courageous. They are people of integrity. The have high morals. And, very often, they set goals.
Now, I know we've all see the "30 Before 30" lists and the monthly goal lists. In some ways, this is one of those lists. It's a list of some of the things I want to do in the next six months. At the end of the next six months there will be another list, but for now I'm going to set my mind on making this list happen.
1. Lose 50 lbs. (I'm already 8 lbs down. Go me!)
2. Attend the If:Gathering 2015. It's February 6th and 7th in Austin, Tx and registration opens today.
3. Save $2,000.
4. Go on a cruise or at least to a beach. Either one is fine with me.
5. Work on making Christmas at CrossPoint a success.
6. Continue to go my eBay business. (Hey, I've got to save that $2,000 somehow.)
7. Go to the gym at least three times a week.
8. Visit the Philbrook.
9. Visit Gilcrease.
10. Read three books. (I know it's not that many, but I've got a lot to do.)
11. Launch Kyrie Coffee. (More details to come.)
12. Spend more intentional time with Jesus.
13. Purchase a new vehicle.
14. Attend the Influence Conference.
15. Get the iPhone 6...in gold.
16. I'd like to go to the Yellow Conference too.
17. Enjoy a half day...or a full day...at the Berkshire salon.
It seems like my list has a lot of things on it that require money like 3 conferences, a spa day, and a vacation, and that's only the ones I listed. That's kind of scary, but here's the thing...I'm ready to live and to be great. I 'm ready to be great at loving Jesus and loving people.
See you tomorrow for Short & Sweet!
What about you? Do you have anything you want to get done in the next six months?